Two New Projects for RSC18

At the tail end of 2016 I appliqued an Airship Propeller block and a few Little Baskets. After that, in 2017  I followed the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color suggestion of the month for those.

I did the same with a Gradient top and the majority of my Scrappy Granny blocks. Both of those quilts were finished in 2017.

While I have a few more Airship Propellers to make, and many a Little Basket, I wanted to start something new. I looked around for a block that I thought might blend nicely for another sort of gradient type quilt and I found one.   I am not the best piecer and each block has 37 pieces so I think that 3 per month is all that I want to do.

I think that I’ll just name it RSC Blend. I don’t have a whiteboard but I have snow. Yet the snow oftentimes photographs in a blue tone, which it did in this photo. The RSC color for January is blue, so the snow obliged :)

I was looking around for another project to start anew as well. I decided on EPP Starflowers.

Just a start, and Kanga came over to photo bomb :)

Linking up on Saturday to So Scrappy for RSC

Quilting : 1857 Album & Shenandoah Botanical

I pieced a backing for my 1857 Album quilt top this week as well as sewing several pieces of batting together. Then I created the quilt sandwich using basting pins.

This top is comprised of some of the 1857 blocks; not all. It’s a nice long couch quilt size.    It’s going to go down to my middle son’s house and get lots of use in their living room.

I began tying it with crochet cotton.

My supervisor, Kanga,  was nearby, as usual.

I had at least 1/4 of it done, freeing up basting pins, because I also wanted to get back to some hand quilting, since Scrappy Granny has been out of the hoop for awhile now.

I had purchased the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album quilt pattern from the Virginia Quilt Museum, and participated in a sew-a-long for awhile.  Dawn and Doreen host this and there are many ladies who continue on creating all of the blocks, and some others are just beginning. If you are unfamiliar with this, you can visit the blog HERE.

As for me, I appliqued 6 blocks to result in a nice couch sized top. Here it is from February 2016. If you ever wonder if time flies, just dig out a quilt project that you are finally going to quilt and finish! :)

Pin basting started….

I recently posted about the resurfacing on my street, and all of the noise and vehicles.  They tore it up first, and by Tuesday they were creating the new surface.

It is all done now and peace and quiet has returned :)

You might also enjoy: Vintage Dresden Plate Quilt