In the old days, Sundays meant perusing the Sunday Paper, then attending church, and later on, some more Sunday paper. The Sunday paper was the source of coupons and savings and what sales and specials were going on. While many of us still get a Sunday paper, times have changed and most of our information comes from the Internet now. ( That is ME on the right ) Just kidding….
I still remember being sprawled out on the living room floor as a young child, reading the comics… For the Sunday Special comic this week I refer you to Joyce, at What Happens at Grandma’s. Joyce won an essay contest for this article and no wonder. If you are in need of a good laugh, read her post about Cats and Quilts HERE.
Frugal Tips and Finds : Here is My Tip : On Saturday morning I cut my own hair. If you have long hair it is pretty easy to do. I usually have my hair up, or in a ponytail, especially in the summertime, so taking an inch or two off of a blunt cut longer length is not too hard. I simply wash it and use a conditioner, then bend over, getting it into a long twist, and then I whack off an inch or two over the garbage can. Next, I comb it all into a ponytail and tie it with a scrunchie. I pull the hair to one side and trim what might appear to not be straight yet. Repeat on the other side. Hope for the best :) I basically combine the two methods found HERE and HERE.
And here are some recent frugal finds from around the Web…
- From Tracy Loucks over at Modern Homesteaders: an interesting post on Poverty Jelly. She has tips and recipes for making everything from crabapple jelly to violet jelly to some that I had never heard of such as corn cob jelly! Even if you do not make jelly, it is a fun read.
- Brenda over at Cozy Little House has a wonderful post titled How I’ve Learned to Live Frugally. I visit Brenda’s blog daily…she is an inspiration in so many ways.
- Sarah at Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity has a menu plan each week and most weeks she has popcorn listed for the Friday meal. I think it is a great idea! Who doesn’t love popcorn! Here is the excerpt from her blog post “Friday: Popcorn dinner. Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner. It’s popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies. Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry. I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!”
- At Julies Little House, a Frugal Friday tip of the week is going on. Hop on over to see her tips and tricks.
- And last but not least, HERE is a very interesting article by a lady who explains how her family lives off of $1300.00 per month.
Over at Windsor & Main there is a sewing tip..a new way to prepare hexies. I think that I might try her method on a pillow cover.
A recipe that I have been meaning to try is this quick and easy but oh so delicious looking Asian Short Ribs recipe over at The Painted Apron. I had book marked this months ago as it is a crock pot recipe…my favorite kind of cooking. I think it would work with beef or pork ribs when they are next on sale and I am having family over for dinner.
My Photo for this week : Morning Glory
” Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them” ( Russel H. Conwell )