I have been working here and there over the last few days on tying the baby quilt and sewing the binding on the Botanical ( previous post ) but I have several projects in progress …the beginning stages that is.
- The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color suggestion of the month is purple or lavender or a mixture. I started prepping a Starflower in those shades.
- I finally got around to doing a little applique on an Elizabeth’s Pride block.
- Fabrics are pulled for some “Blend” blocks for my RSC piecing project this year.
- A basket in berry / purple shades is prepped.
- I have added two more connector pieces to the black and grey Starflower.
Also in the previous post, I’d shown that Barb’s fan stencil had arrived. I’ve started using that on my Rose of Sharon hand quilting project. What I am doing, since I do not have the exact shades of quilting thread for the leaves, stems, and darker flowers, is I am using my regular thread in those sections. I do have a pink shade of quilting thread that I can use in the lighter flowers down the line.
It’s been about 2 weeks or more since I was able to get another hand quilting project ready and I am so happy to have this in the hoop now :)
We’ve had a fresh round of ice, snow, and bitter temperatures so hand quilting and any quilting projects indoors works well with the weather here in Southwestern PA.