I took the last stitches in the binding on this Crosses & Losses quilt on September 17.
When I went back to my sewing projects page to see when the top was finished, it was in the latter part of September 2014.
Good Grief! Did it take me that long to hand quilt it? I had to check. I hoped that I wasn’t THAT slow.
No, I had another quilt ( Basket ) that I was still working on in regards to hand quilting, which I’d finished at the end of October. Then I worked on finishing up my Eagle quilt sampler and other Christmas gifts, so I didn’t start quilting the Crosses & Losses until later on.
I see that I picked it up and put it down and worked on some baby quilts in between. So it was a sporadic hand quilting project. I got bored with it as well….just outlining the shapes. I think that from now on I have to be careful and determine that if I am going to hand quilt something, it will have some white space for feathers or echo quilting or some variety.
I did machine quilt around the outside border to get ‘er done.
When I was done I washed it three times…yes three. Even though these Kona solids were pre-washed, the color catchers came out with a nice purple shade on each washing, even the third. There was not any bleeding, though, so at that point I put the quilt and the color catchers into the dryer for awhile and then took it out to the line. This quilt measures approx. 60 x 80.
It’s going to be a Christmas gift for my mom this year.
Sharing at : Confessions of a Fabric Addict / Ms. Toody Goo Shoes / Kathys Quilts / Cozy Little House / A Stroll Thru Life/ Freemotion by the River / Savvy Southern Style / Sew Fresh Quilts / Common Ground / Sew Bittersweet Designs: A Lovely Year of Finishes / French Country Cottage