I finished up the binding and have a Scrappy Granny Finish! :)
I had initially started the Granny blocks being inspired by a Granny Quilt that Karen had created, called Granny’s Got Style.
Looking back over the blog, very briefly, I see a February 2016 post saying that I had made about 12 blocks or so, and then at that point began to follow the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month for further blocks.
From the blog records, I see that I was not quite done quilting Stars and Spools, but I was very close, so I started making the quilt sandwich and pin basting Scrappy Granny.
I was also in the middle of tying another quilt, but was antsy to get started using Perle Cotton for the first time.
I began the quilting process mid-January.
I used perle cotton in the colored portions and did traditional quilting in the other areas ( big stitch / regular stitch )
I finished up awhile ago but wasn’t sure what to use for the binding, and finally decided on some novelty fabric that I had used in one of the squares, and had leftover from making pillowcases for the grandchildren.
It’s been extensively hand quilted ; here is the back :)
Not washed yet…the crinkling is from the quilting.
Now, if you look at that first photo, I was displaying the quilt across the road on my neighbors’ fence. Then I took it down to show my DIL and her friend , whose mother also quilts. HA! I caught some perle cotton on a nail or something in the fence, and have to redo a square! ( not an entire block; just one little patch in one block )
I think that I shall be more careful if I ever use that fence again :)
She measures 55 x 55.
You might also enjoy: Stars and Spools Finish
Sharing at So Scrappy