This last post in regards to the family tree series is just going to show some photos of my grandparents when they were young, and when my mom Janet and my uncle Glenn were young children.
The history of the family has been covered in prior posts.
There are a few pictures of my grandparents when they were very young and either newly married or dating in the previous post in this series. If you missed that it’s worth it for the clothes and bathing suits HERE :)
Here is another one from when they were very young, and I just love their clothes. Clearly this would have been before church or at a special event, because neither of them was rich and these were very good outfits. I don’t have a wedding picture of them, come to think of it…
And then here is my Aunt Ruth with my mother and uncle. Aunt Ruth lived next door…there’s a post about my grandparent’s home and her place, the original homestead in the series.
My grandmother when she was a bit older ( love this picture of her and the coat! : ) From some other pictures that I have this might have been around the time that my mom got married.
Ida Mae, Wilbert, Glenn and Janet :
I did ask my mom if she recalled what dog this might have been but she did not. I am not sure where the photo was taken; it is possible that it is someone else’s dog or that she was too little to remember it, if it was one of theirs.
Other posts in this series :
- The Family Home Built by my Grandfather
- The Old Homestead and the Olden Days
- Family Tree Research Post #6: Baptists in Germany / Lina and Heinrich
- Religion and the Family Tree Research
- Family Tree Research Post #2
- Family Tree Research Post #3 : Sex & Stinky Cheese
- Family Tree Post #4 : The Hamels & Civil War Era Photos
- Family Tree Research Post #5: Coming Over Must Have Been Hard for this Woman