HOWDY ! :)
In the space of a week, we went from bone-chilling below zero wind chill temps to 60 degrees on Sunday afternoon which was perfect for a birthday party!
Kate the grand-little wanted a cowgirl theme.
A simple menu with several of us pitching in : Ham BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, baked bean & bacon medley from yours truly, cookies and snacks, cake and ice cream.
Kate had a few friends over and then there were some cousins.
My DIL’s niece with her uncle’s little puppy:
He just got this puppy a day or so ago and the children were all surprised to see it. At this point the pup was already tired out from being loved so much! :)
When I have BABY-I-TIS, I can satisfy that every other weekend for the most part, since my DIL babysits a friends baby …I love this picture of him and the pup. ( The pup is half husky, half shepherd mix though I had thought that there was Rottweiler in him. )
Son & DIL :
ME : “Now put that other hat on…the black one!” Son: “What do I want for Christmas? My mom without a camera!” Ha ha ha : I got my way :)
Baked Bean Medley
- This can be baked in the oven for an hour or done in a crock-pot. I went down to my son’s to watch the kids for an hour mid-morning and I put this all into a crock-pot and put it on low to eat later in the afternoon when the party started.
- 3/4 lb. bacon fried and drained; reserve to chop up into the beans
- 2 or 3 ( I used 3 ) 28 oz. Pork & Beans ( HA! This recipe is old…originally it called for 31 oz. cans. They have reduced the size over the last few years and raised the price :)
- 1 15. oz kidney beans ( I use chili beans in a spicy sauce )
- 1 15 oz. butterbeans ( THESE must be drained and rinsed first )
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce ( I use one cup BBQ and 1/2 cup salsa )
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
You have probably made similar bean recipes but I thought to include it because it is very good. I’ve made it with sausage in the past as well…whatever’s on sale works :)
You might also enjoy : Holly Jolly Christmas : #3 in the series