My previous post was about getting some roof work done…
Later in the week while taking photos of the men working my eyes were drawn to this lovely cross in the sky cloud formation:
And while I was out there I also found these pretty Four-O-Clocks hidden amongst the zinnias. A reader and I had exchanged some seeds earlier on in the summer and I planted these in two locations. They didn’t come up ( or I accidentally weeded them ) in the one area, and I’d forgotten about the other. It was a pleasant surprise!
We have had cold spells and two frosts but not heavy enough to kill the flowers yet, and new ones keep showing up. Then we had very warm dry weather over the last few days…I was back into shorts and sleeveless tops…
The roofers were shirtless in the afternoon the entire week, even to feverishly trying to finish up late Thursday with thunder rumbling all around them and the rain starting to move in.
By Friday? They were here in hoodies for a few last minute things and when I went out to run errands I had my leather jacket on and the heat & defrost running in the car. It was GOOD that the rain came, though, because I discovered a downspout leaking ….moved a bit or clogged or something and could alert them to the problem right away.
Up until Thursday of this week any sewing time was just devoted to hand quilting. Then I decided to make another Airship Propeller block and why not just use the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month to do so…yellow / gold.
Two other bloggers are making these and I originally posted about that HERE. They are piecing theirs and I am appliqueing mine. The plan is to sporadically fit them in…one or two a month amidst other projects. Perhaps I’ll use the RSC color of the month suggestion next year for these….
Here is my new one:
Here are the other two from September : ( could have pressed them better! :)
I took a few shots every other day or so of my hand quilting progress on the Stars and Spools quilt during this past week.
As of last weekend I had gotten past a star and was approaching the butterfly.
Once the butterfly area was completed, I was done with the first border. In this shot I had gone beyond the butterfly and started a….corner thing :)
‘Corner thing’ completed, a leaf outlined and a quilted leaf beside it…
A larger shot of what was going on…
Joining the RSC group over at So Scrappy on Saturday and I’ll be doing more quilting with the Slow Stitchers at Kathy’s Quilts on Sunday. AND I will be changing back from summer pajamas to winter ones this Friday evening….the temps continue to drop, the wind howls and the dreary rain continues…it’s good quilting weather :)